Last spring Truphone, which has been developing both VoIP clients and multi-country SIM technology since 2001, announced its Truphone World plan, expanding the use of its SIM to seamlessly and transparently support wireless carrier voice and data access in 66 countries. During my recent 24 day trip across seven European countries I was able to obtain first hand user experience […]
Archive | Wireless Carriers RSS feed for this section
Truphone World – My Universal World Carrier Experience
BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s)
Over a recent 24 day period I traveled through eight countries, providing an opportunity to determine the level of access and travel support I could get from my BlackBerry 10 devices (a Z30 and a Z10). I also had available an iPad Air and an iPhone 5; however, they quickly became ancillary to my activities. […]
Bria BlackBerry Edition: A SIP-based Softphone for Enterprise Communications
For several years CounterPath has offered softphone clients, initially the free XLite with a limited feature set and later the more scalable, robust, secure and versatile Bria series supporting SIP-based PBX installations. Over the past few years I have covered CounterPath’s Bria softphone client and its evolution across multiple platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Android (phones and tablets) […]
Truphone Joins the “Company Manager” Communications Offerings
With its announcement today that Truphone is offering a “company-wide” mobile access sharing program, Truphone joins Skype and PamFax in providing a centrally manageable communications offering that shares resources across employees and associates regardless of geography. According to the Truphone press release: Truphone today became the first mobile operator to offer shared international mobile service […]
BlackBerry 10: If the Tablet is Going Away, Then What?
Tuesday morning marks the launch of BlackBerry Live 2013, BlackBerry’s annual enterprise mobility conference for service providers and enterprise customers; concurrently BlackBerry Jam Americas targets BlackBerry’s extensive network of third party developers. It would appear that over 3500 will be attending these three day events to learn more about the directions BlackBerry, the company formerly […]
BlackBerry: A Smartphone Manifesto
To tablet, or not to tablet, that is the question: Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Competition, Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep, to say we end The Tablet-ache, […]
Is WiFi Becoming the Unregulated Stealth Carrier of the Future? A Reprise.
Back in the summer of 2009 I wrote a post, Is WiFi Becoming the Unregulated Stealth Carrier of the Future?, where I covered some of my experiences using WiFi while traveling, especially to European destinations. For ten days in January, 2013 I traveled throughout the Central American country of Costa Rica and decided to use […]
BlackBerry 10 – The First Week
A week ago today BlackBerry, the company formerly known as Research in Motion, launched its much-anticipated BlackBerry 10, coming in two versions: BlackBerry Z 10 with the touch keyboard and BlackBerry Q10 with the legacy hardware keyboard. The former has launched in the U.K. and Canada with Abu Dubai coming next week. U.S. launch is […]
BBM 7 Released with BBM Voice: Cementing The Base for BlackBerry 10
I have watched many companies come and go as they attempt to launch IP-based voice services. However, “come-and-go” has been the operative word here; they failed to get any significant user traction. It’s not the technology that makes for success but rather how many can access the service. For the past two weeks BlackBerry Messenger […]
BlackBerry Messenger 7: The Amazing BBM Voice Experience
In a move to bring free voice communications to existing BlackBerry users, RIM launched BlackBerry Messenger 7 beta earlier this week. BBM 7 beta features BBM Voice – a voice chat service over WiFi. Currently only available via the BlackBerry Beta Zone, it is a signal that soon all 60 million BlackBerry Messenger users will […]
Get the full Skype picture…
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 08:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 07:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 01:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available