So why has the widget in the Voice On The Web sidebar changed recently? August 2012 and I self-published Experience Skype to the Max, an Amazon eBook that pulled together all my experience of the previous six years using, and blogging about, Skype as my primary real time communications application on PC’s and mobile devices […]
Tag Archives | Skype client
Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition
Skype 6.1 for Windows Classic: The Untold Changes
Last Friday Skype released Skype 6.1 for Windows Classic, an upgrade to the Desktop Skype client that incorporated: integration with Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 taking “Add a Contact” down to a 2 step process a new profile screen with more accessible account information, and not mentioned in the Skype Big Blog post linked above: […]
Skype for Windows 8: The Surface Experience
Over the past few days I have had a Microsoft Surface and checked out Skype for Windows 8 on a touch device. While there was no major issue using Skype for Windows 8 on a legacy screen with mouse navigation, using a touch screen is somewhat more intuitive. While many of the results reported earlier […]
Skype URI’s: Website, Email and Mobile App links to the Skype Client
While Skype addresses privacy issues in many ways, especially through the Tools|Options|Privacy settings in Skype for Windows (or Skype|Preferences|Privacy in Skype for Mac), there are times when a user will want to encourage contact via Skype. This is especially true for businesses that want to provide single click inbound calling for their sales and customer […]
Skype 5.11 beta: Initial Steps to Microsoft Integration
Last week Skype released Skype 5.11 for Windows – beta and Skype 5.11 for Mac – beta. And the key word here is “beta”. But it starts to give a picture of how Microsoft intends to integrate Skype into its offerings, especially as Microsoft approaches the launch later this year of Windows 8, Office 2013 […]
Skype Announces Support for Opus Audio Codec
As discussed in the “Skype’s Core Applications” section of Experience Skype to the Max, one of Skype’s unique technologies has been its royalty-free SILK audio codec that provides crystal clear audio on Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls. However, Skype also submitted SILK to the IETF to request its addition to IETF standards as one element […]
It’s Time for an eBook about Skype!
Introducing Experience Skype to the Max – a comprehensive guide to enriching your Skype experience. I’ve been covering Skype via Skype Journal and Voice On The Web for over six years. I first experienced IP-based communications back in 1995-96 when I watched engineers at my employer of the day struggle to make voice calls work […]
Skype 5.10 for Windows: Revised Contacts Management and Other Tweaks
Earlier this week Skype released Skype 5.10 for Windows with useful tweaks to how Contacts are displayed and managed and how screen sharing is handled. With respect to managing Contacts: You can select and “pin” your Favorite (or most frequent) Contacts to the top of the Contacts pane. Both Facebook and Skype Contacts are combined […]
Skype for iPad: Yes, It’s Now Real!
Not without its launch hiccups, the much-anticipated Skype for iPad was apparently in the Apple App Store for a while last night and then disappeared accompanied by a Tweet from Skype that said: “To ensure your best Skype experience, we’ve temporarily removed Skype for iPad which went live prematurely today.” I went to the Apple […]
Skype 5.5 for Windows: The Intelligent Dial Pad
Since the launch of Skype 5.2 for Windows, the Dial Pad features have been enhanced significantly to point where it actually has some intelligence to make it easier to place a call to the PSTN. Normally the Dial Pad is used for SkypeOut calling for two purposes: to dial out to a PSTN number (to […]
Get the full Skype picture…
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 08:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 07:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 01:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available